Week In Review, February 3-7
- You Just Broke Your Son
What matters most can never be said enough. Read it, and read it again.
- Sorry, Buying A Prius Won’t Help With Climate Change
I’ve heard people speculating this as a reality for years – science and data kicks tree-hugging hybrid zealots right in the carbon credits.
- New Microsoft CEO Placing Too Many Eggs In One Basket?
Satya Nadella’s thoughts on the future of Microsoft. Is he digging another grave, or finding the future?
- Is Domino’s Pizza Trying WAAAY Too Hard?
Domino’s ads focus on the uniqueness and creativity of it’s pizza-makers… outside of pizza making.
- 10 Amazing Examples Of Mind Over Matter
From exuding impossible body heat to slowing the heart to an unrecognizable rate, these feats will make you wonder.
- Why Microsoft Got It Right With New CEO Satya Nadella
Microsoft has a new skipper at the helm – charismatic, subtle, technologically robust – but can he turn the coal barge of software into a sleeker vessel?
- How Hugh Jackman Became A Fair Trade Coffee Entrepreneur
The actor puts his money where his mug is – creating a for-profit coffee company that doesn’t profit him a dime.
- Rugby Great Adam Goodes Honest Look At Being A Better Man
Highly uncommon traits in a professionl athlete.
- You Want These Patterned Wall Tiles
Fast-track your way to the most stylish office (or any room) around. Awesome is rarely so cheap.
- Close A Gunshot Wound In 15 Seconds
Crazy sponge-injector from an Oregon startup.
- Creative Duo Turns Web Show Into TV Show
The mindset shift that took these 2 from hobby to career.
- How Freelancers Are Redefining Success To Be About Value, Not Wealth
Legitimacy for this lifestyle is snowballing (in a good way).
- It’s Like Squeezing Paint from a Goat
A return to the traditions of paint-makings renders all kinds of surfaces with a rustic beauty… and presumably well moisturized.
- Wanderings of an Illustrative Mind, by Among Savages
- The Gap
This goes along with one of Josh’s posts from this week. But the message isn’t redundant yet.
- Syria’s Slow Death
The West applauds Assad’s weapons concessions, while he pours death and dust in the mouths of his people.
- Figure Skating Meets Downhill Skiing
It’s bad. Every laugh-inducing moment of twirling and crumbling commentary is just bad.
- God Loves You When You’re Dancing, by Vance Joy