Week In Review, January 20-24
- Getting high on God
A polarizing look at the ‘Drunken Glory’ movement where getting wasted and high is normal.
- Naked Face
Can a girl survive without make-up? (sign up/in for the read, its worth it)
- Judging Richard Sherman
Stanford graduate vs Seahawks crazed cornerback. Bonus: NFL Films on Sherman
- Monsanto Is Going Organic for the Perfect Veggie
Monsanto throws its scientific weight at organic produce – begging the question, greedy capitalist hegemony or genetic innovators with a bad rap?
- Rad background patterns
Clever, fun, & extremely unique background patterns
- Building an open source Nest
An upstart open-sources a Wi-fi capable thermostat; no Google required
- Mark Rothko’s genius imitated on an iPhone by Derek Brahney
Mark Rothko’s work recreated on an iPhone and not by Rothko (cuz he’s dead).
- Arnold poses as gym manager
Fools nobody. Absolutely hysterical
- Post Tropical, by James Vincent McMorrow
- One Direction, no autotune
Like a choir of pubescant junior highers
- An Undertaking
A woman’s casket made simply beautiful, by her woodworking grandson
- Brian Kidd is the Unipiper: the unicycling bagpiper
This needs no description, other than to say “it’s real.”