Week In Review, January 27-31
- Scientific study: Thoughts and intentions alter food
Watch jars of rice rot or ferment based on the words spoken to them.
- Why Bitcoin Matters
A pillar of the tech community explains Bitcoin in detail and why it represents a fundamental shift rather than a technophile fad.
- Powerful Photos Go Deep Inside America’s Fracking Boom
Fracking promises a to be an economic boon to the US, but at what cost?
- The Aftermath Of Prozac, Zoloft, Luvox, Fen-Phen, & Other Serotonergic Drugs
A scathing investigation of anti-depressants and the real dangers behind their unproven methodology.
- Kickstarter: Strawbees
This Kickstarter campaign looks like the ultimate reincarnation of Tinker Toys
- Craig Ferguson’s uncommon humanity
“We’re not going to join in the joking about the 19-year-old Bieber’s increasingly notorious behavior.”
- Let there be light: A hand-made solar lamp from Uganda
A device the first world wouldn’t think twice about promises big change for the kerosene burning denizens of the third.
- 4 RULES FOR MANAGING RISK FROM A DECORATED FORCE RECON MARINE
An incredible glimpse into using the “sink or swim” approach to getting the Afghan military on its feet
- Outbox: overcoming everything but a bad idea
Was it a bad idea, and is that really why it failed? A look at challenging the failing Postal Service.
- HitRecord: The collaboration you’re never seen
Where artists contribute – and remix – each other’s work. Wide open, endless possibility
- Feed The Bot
Design on the web? Want a faster, friendlier site? Here’s your resource.
- Mugshots from the 1920’s
Exhibit H: undeniable badassery.
- The oh-you-just-wait Pontiac Stinger
Need a car with a garden hose? Look no further.
- Old Spice pranks ridiculous googlers
- Song: Wolves, by Down Like Silver
- “Blossom” investigates creation of “living” 3D printing form
One of the more enchanting applications of 3D printing that we’ve seen.